A widget is an element of a graphical user interface (GUI) that displays information or provides a specific way for a user to interact with the operating system or an application.
Widgets are an essential aspect of home screen customization. You can imagine them as “at-a-glance” views of an app’s most important data and functionality that is accessible right from the user’s home screen. Users can move widgets across their home screen panels, and, if supported, resize them to tailor the amount of information within a widget to their preference.
Types of WidgetsInformation Widgets:
- Information widgets display a few elements of importance to a user and track how that information changes over time, such as weather or sports scores
- Tapping the widget launches the associated app into a detail view
- Collection widgets display multiple elements of the same type, such as a collection of articles from a news app. They focus on two interactions:
- Browsing a collection
- Opening an element’s detail view
- Collection widgets can scroll vertically
- Control widgets display frequently used functions. These functions may be triggered from the home screen without opening the app. For example, music app widgets allow the user to play, pause, or skip music tracks from outside the music app.
- Control widgets may or may not progress to a detail view
- Many widgets are hybrids that combine elements of the different types above. Center your widget around one of these types and add elements of others as needed. For example, a music player widget combines a control widget with elements of an information widget. The result keeps the user informed about which track is currently playing
Nowadays, most of the sales representatives use portable devices(Android/iOS) while moving in the field and so most of the companies provides the Mobile App for them to report. Hence, these widgets are very useful for them to be updated about every event and be productive.Widgets can be used by sales representatives to get a hold of the following:
- Pending calls/tasks of the day
- Event reminders like birthdays, patient dosage, new patients enrolled etc.
- New documents/product information
- and many more…
FForces’ Mobile application provides you with this immense feature of Widgets which can be used in various ways that may help each sales representative.Features of Widgets:
- To monitor the scheduled activities for the products, thus allowing them to keep a track of the Activity Progress of the products
- To maintain the appointment schedules
- To be informed about the upcoming events/news
- To check one’s performance based on targets
- To view the Analytical Reports and Activity for the products
These widgets are helpful to sales representatives and in turn helpful to management as sales representatives will be alert and active in finishing their targets and hence increasing the sales of the company.